Tuesday, February 18, 2014

8 weeks until the Boston Marathon

After a great adventure to Boulder, Colorado for the USA Cross Country Championships, my weekly training has slowly come around.  It's still not anywhere where it should be, but it's improving from last week's sickness.

The race itself went a little better than I thought.  I finished 26th in a decent field, but I know I could do better if I was more motivated.  I have too many excuses at the moment, and all I really need to do is put my head down and continue to pound the pavement!  This week was okay, as far as training goes, so I'm going to get back on track and put all distractions aside.  The Boston Marathon is only 8 weeks away, which means, it's just around the corner.  I'll be posting my training until race week.

Official Results from USA Cross Country:
http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2014/USA-Cross-Country-Championships/Results.aspx

Training:

Mon - pm. 8 miles
Tue - am. 4 miles / pm. 12 miles
Wed - am. 8x1000m (3:11, 3:08, 3:09, 3:08, 3:09, 3:11, 3:13, 3:06) 10 miles total / pm. 8 miles
Thur - pm. 8 miles
Fri - am 6 miles
Sat - am. 2 mile shake out, 12k USA XC Race 38:48, 4 mile cool down. 15 total
Sun - am. 17 miles @ 8400' - 9000' feet in Rollins, CO

Total: 88 miles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep it up Jesse! Training Solo too.. No one is more motivated!

mfranks said...

Good luck! Look forward to reading how things go!